[ingodirectors] REQUEST for Inputs to INGO Statement at CG Meeting 2012

Marko Lovrekovic director at ngocentre.org.vn
Thu Nov 15 12:55:21 ICT 2012

Dear INGO directors,

During the INGO Forum last week we discussed INGOs' inputs at the
Consultative Group (CG) meeting scheduled for 10 December 2012. Although
forty directors (or senior INGO staff) joined the forum, we would like
to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts regarding the INGO
Statement at the CG meeting. Pending the final approval of Prime
Minister, two subjects concerning INGOs may be discussed at the CG: (1)
Education; and (2) Land Law Revision.

During the forum two colleagues kindly volunteered to take the lead in
consolidating your inputs and drafting the INGO Statement. If you
projects are related to education and/or land issues, please send your
comments (before 26 November 2012) to the following people:

1. for EDUCATION: Mr Sven Coppens, Program Director at Plan:
<sven.coppens at plan-international.org>
2. for LAND LAW REVISION: Ms Le Kim Dung, Associate Country Director at
Oxfam: <LKDung at oxfam.org.uk>

Please note that Development Agencies and the Government are preparing
their own statements on the same subjects. Their statements will most
likely be focused on policy dialogue, legal points of view and political
changes. We would like to bring a 'human' (grass-root) perspective from
INGOs' experiences in the field. Also, keep in mind that our final
document will be only 2 or 3 pages long (including both themes) and the
official INGO representatives at the CG may have no more than a few
minutes to summarize and to present your views during the session. For
those of you who are not familiar with the CG meeting and INGO
representation, please refer to the following link:

http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/content/vietnam-consultative-group-cg-meeting

We look forward to receiving your inputs by 26 November 2012. Sven and
Dung are copied on this email.

Kind regards,

Marko

--