[ingodirectors] INQUIRY: Authenticated Birth or Marriage Certificates for Visa?

Marko Lovrekovic director at ngocentre.org.vn
Thu Aug 19 06:13:32 BST 2010

Dear Directors and Representatives,

It was brought to my attention that PACCOM started requesting original
or authenticated birth/marriage certificates in order to extend INGO
expatriates' visas. I would like to bring up this issue with Senior
Management at PACCOM, but I would like to check first what your
experiences are? I want to make sure that it is not just one particular
desk at PACCOM or a single staff misinterpreting the rules -- before
clarifying with their senior managers.

This measure, if strictly applied, can cost some of you a lot of money
and effort. Some embassies will charge high fees for translation or
authentication of birth/marriage certificates. Those of you who had to
deal with your visas recently, please let me know if you have
experienced similar problems. Do not Reply All, just email me directly.
I will share what I find out with everyone.

Thank you in advance!

Marko

--
Marko Lovrekovic, Managing Co-Director